• Argentina, Cofico:
Chafredo Dagota observed a circular object that came to the
ground briefly. It stood on a sort of pillar and emitted a
blinding light. He caught sight of two figures moving near
• Argentina, Pajas Blancas: A 42-year-old doctor and his
wife were 30 km away from the airport when an intensely
bright object appeared on the road ahead. They drove very
close to it and saw three men dressed in gray, one of whom
told him in Spanish that "they had a mission on Earth. " "A
doctor and his wife were driving in the same area where a
previous case occurred (April 1957) when the car's engine
failed and they were confronted by a huge machine blocking
the road. The object's powerful light went out, leaving a
violet colored light. After about 20 mins, a figure
approached the car and asked what was wrong. When told what
had happened, the man suggested that the engine should be
tried again. The engine now started and the headlights came
on so that the machine ahead could be seen again. The
stranger joined two other figures and entered the machine
which then rose rapidly and disappeared leaving a
• Canada, Saint-Alexis de Montcalm: Mr. Lehel observed a
lighted object at hilltop level, about 700 m away. At the
site, a wide circle of crushed vegetation was found, three
branches were broken, and a pole was calcined.
• Chile, Aria: A miner, R. A. Donoso, observed a strange
machine land. From it emerged two fair-skinned men who asked
for water in a language which appeared to be a mixture of
English and Spanish. Donoso took some water from his car
radiator for them and they left. Their craft was about 3 m
long and 1 m wide.
• England, Leam Lane : David Wilson, 14, was going to get
some straw for his rabbits when he stopped with other
children to observe half-a-dozen dwarfs, about 80 cm tall,
dressed in bright green, and having hands lighted "like
electric bulbs, " who seemed to be searching for something.
Another child later reported that she had seen a silvery
disk-shaped object, the size of a car, take off from the
• New Zealand, Auckland: Two young girls, R. Bender and J.
Quinn, observed an object flying 17 m above the ground. It
was shaped like two plates glued together, with two rows of
intense lights, and a turret with a green light on top. When
an opening became visible, the witnesses thought the thing
was about to land, and they fled.
• USA, California, Baker: Gloria Biggs, her husband, and her
mother observed a brown, dome-shaped object on a hilltop
about 17 km west of Baker on U. S. Highway 91. They lost
sight of it a moment, could not see it again, and found only
a depression in the ground.
• USA, California, Cisco Grove: A hunter, who had lost his
way in the mountains, observed approaching lights that
seemed to land. From a vantage point in a tree, he saw a
dome-shaped object at ground level, about 500 m away.
Several creatures, one of them a robot-like figure with
"eyes" about 10 cm in diameter, came near, apparently trying
to dislodge the witness from his tree. The creatures
appeared to fear the light from flaming objects thrown at
them. The witness fell asleep after an exhausting series of
attempts to keep the creatures away. At dawn there was
nothing to be seen.
• USA, California, Rio Vista: A woman saw two objects, one
of which landed in a field. It was round and luminous.
• USA, Georgia, Tallulah Falls: Nine persons from three
different houses, including J. Ivester, described an object
like "a flying top. " TV interference was associated with
the object's presence. It flew silently at tree height and
hovered over the vard of Mrs. Russell Mickinan's house. The
lower part was bright red, with three lights on the upper
part. As it left, a green light illuminated the countryside.
A powerful odor similar to "embalming fluid" was noticeable
when police arrived. The next day, witnesses felt a burning
sensation on their faces and arms.
• USA, Georgia, Tallulah Falls: Miss P. Upton came running
home nearly hysterical. While riding bicycles, she and a
friend saw a low-flying object that terrified them. A strong
unpleasant smell also was reported.
• USA, Indiana, Dale: Charles Englebrecht went outside when
his TV set and all house lights suddenly failed and saw a
glowing blue-white object, about 30 m in diameter, land
about 18 m away in the field. He felt a mild electric shock
when he tried to approach it and was unable to move
• USA, Illinois, Lawrenceville: Helen Reed observed a
spinning object 5 m above ground, less than 20 m away,
coming and going with right-angle turns. It had a dome from
which colored light emanated (blue turning to red) and bands
of yellow light. The object was lost to sight behind trees
in the north.
• USA, Maine, Millinocket: A man driving on Millinocket Lake
Road saw a fiery, spherical object to the side. He stopped
and left his car with a friend to observe it better. When
they became afraid and walked back to the car, the sphere
followed them; the engine could not be started as long as
the sphere remained within 2 or 3 m of the car. It flew away
after five min. It was described as a ball of fire without
structure, about 75 cm in diameter.
• USA, Massachusetts, Lynn: Richard Pratt, 17, heard a
whistling noise and saw a silvery, oval object surrounded
with a soft white glow, supporting a dome, which went down
to ground level. A similar object had been observed one hour
earlier at Littleton, about 50 km west, by four boys. It was
described as silvery gray, with three blinking red lights
and a white light.
• USA, Minnesota, Comstock: A farmer, Alfred Ernst, saw an
object rise from a field and fly rapidly into the cloud
bank. It was described as oval, and it left a depression and
imprints in the ground.
• USA, Montana, Brekkens Corner: Witnesses got out of their
car to watch an object resembling a "burning haystack, "
oval or crescent-shaped, which rose from the ground, crossed
the sky, and was lost to sight in the south.
• USA, Montana, Canyon Ferry: Several anonymous adults
observed an elongated, glowing object. Two children saw a
lighted craft land and take off, leaving four rectangular
• USA, Louisiana, Core Lane: James Warren was awakened by a
noise, and saw an object bearing blinking red and green
lights fly over his house at treetop level. He called the
police, who also reported seeing the object.
• USA, New Jersey, Flemington: A whitish, elliptical object
followed a car, then landed in a field. The driver got out
to observe it, but when the object started in his direction
he became afraid and drove off.
• USA, New Mexico, Anthony: Numerous witnesses, among them
policeman Paul Arteche, saw a reddish, round object hover at
low level, then take off very rapidly toward the west.
• USA, New Mexico, Hobbs: A "black object with flames" is
blamed for burns suffered by an 8-year-old child, who said
he saw the object coming from the sky. His grandmother, Mrs.
Frank Smith, who was standing nearby, heard a sound similar
to that of a bullet, but saw nothing. The child suffered
second-degree burns on his face, and lost part of his hair.
• USA, New Mexico, La Madera: Orlando Gallegos observed a
bright, metallic, egg-shaped object about 70 m away, on the
ground, north of La Madera. Blue flames appeared to circle
the base of the machine, which was silent and about the
length of a telephone pole. Scorch marks and four imprints
were found, according to Police Capt. Martin Vigil.
• USA, New Mexico, Lordsbury: Marie Morrow and two other
persons were driving west, about 20 km east of Lordsbury
when the entire area was illuminated by a bluish light "as
bright as day, " and a round object flew about 3 m above the
car, making a whining sound, then went north.
• USA, New Mexico, Socorro: Policeman Lonnie Zamora observed
the landing of a white craft, resting on four legs, in a
depression 4 km outside Socorro. Near it were standing two
figures, below average height, dressed in white. Within 30 m
of the object, he saw a red insignia on its aluminium-like
surface. It rose to 4 m with a strong roar, became silent,
hovered and flew away. Traces. 640424.htm
• USA, New York, Conklin: Edmund Travis, 9, Randy Travis, 7
Floyd Moore, 10, and two other boys, saw a dwarf dressed in
a black suit and a helmet, with a glass section in front of
his face, which looked human. He appeared to request some
water in a strange tone, which sounded "as if it came from a
pipe. " He then walked to a shiny machine partially hidden
in the brush, as the boys ran home.
• USA, New York, Homer: Aphsiotherapist and his families
observed several large objects that changed shape in mid
• USA, NewYork, Sherburne: An engineer stopped his car when
he saw an aluminium-looking object, stationary, about 15 m
above ground. The edge of the craft seemed fluorescent, and
three beams of very bright light were emitted before it flew
off at high speed. Total duration: 6 min.
• USA, New York, Tioga City: Dairy farmer Gary T. Wilcox saw
a shiny, egg-shaped object, about 8 m long and 6 m wide, in
his field. He spoke in English to two dwarfs, 1. 2 m tall,
wearing seamless clothing and hoods, and carrying trays.
• USA, Oklahoma, Ulysses: Karen Campbell was scared by an
oval, dull copper object that flew low over her car. It
measured about 1. 2 m in height, had a dome on top, made a
"rushing" noise, and seemed to "float" over the car.
• USA, Ohio, Massillon: A fiery object, maneuvering at low
altitude, was seen from Wooster and Smithville at 2110. then
from Lawrence and Burbank between 2125 and 2130. It flew
erratically with a whirring sound and changes of color,
apparently interfering with police radio. It went down
toward the northwest, seemingly ready to land. Abnormal
radioactivity allegedly was found at the site.
• USA, Ohio, Mogadore: Three children, John Owens, Cheryl
Glunt, and Bernie Montello, saw a silvery, dome-shaped
object arrive from the south and land in a field 150 m away.
Estimated diameter: 3 m.
• USA, Ohio, Penberville: Karen Fahle saw a bright object
coming to the ground about 200 m away. While approaching its
lights blinked and turned to dark red. Five min later it
went away slowly.
• USA, Oregon, Hubbard: A bright, silvery object, 3 m long,
1. 5 m high, with a cone-shaped front part, resting on four
legs, was seen in a wheat field by 10-year-old Mike Bizon.
It made a beeping noise, rose first to the altitude of the
telephone poles, then took off vertically. Wheat was found
flattened in all directions.
• USA, Virginia, Harrisonburg: Mr. Burns saw a huge object
cross the road, hover at ground level in a field for less
than one min, then take off vertically. There were other
witnesses in the area. "Car stopped without apparent reason
as a beehive shaped object came very close to the ground.
Radioactivity was noted after the incident."
• USA, Washington, Lake Chelan: A former Navy pilot and
another man, both regarded as trustworthy, were at work in a
field when they saw an intense light, cone-shaped, emitted
from the ground. A similar light was observed in the sky
when the one on ground was turned off, then the reverse took
place. A round, aluminium-looking object, about 10 m in
diameter, with one red and one white light, then appeared
and descended to ground level with a strong whistlings sound
similar to a small jet. Piercing and high-pitched voices
similar to those of children playing were heard. After 40
min the craft took off. Before it did so, a jet aircraft
flying at low altitude circled its position. On Jul. 31 and
August 1, the densely wooded area was explored from a
helicopter and on foot by Sheriff Nickell and a U. S. Air
Force officer, but nothing was found.
• USA, Wisconsin, Monticello: Four people in a car observed
a rigid configuration of intense red and white lights,
apparently attached to a large object that came to ground
level, hovered, and flew off very fast as they were driving
about 2 km west of Monticello.
Blue Book Unknowns
Nov. 19, 1964; 1,400 miles east of Tokyo, Japan (34' 55' N., 164* 05' E.).
Witnesses: unidentified military persons. One bright white flashing light was
travelling from horizon to horizon in 20 seconds.
• Midway Island Dec. 16, 1963; 800 miles north of Midway Island (40* N., 175*
54' W.). 5:05 p.m. Witness: unspecified persons aboard a military aircraft. One
white light blinked 2-3 times per second as it moved very fast across the sky
for 15 seconds.
• Scotland Oct. 24, 1963; Cupar Fife, Scotland. No time given. Witnesses: A.
McLean (12) and G. McLean (8). One light moved for an unspecified length of
time. No further details in files. Note: Project Blue Book chief Maj. H.
Quintanilla told the youngsters, in a letter, that this was "one of the most
complete" of the unexplained cases for the year.
• Wake Island Aug. 10, 1964; Wake Island. 5:16 a.m. Witnesses: aircraft
commander Capt. B.C. Jones and navigator lst Lt. H.J. Cavender, in parked USAF
C-124 transport plane. One reddish, blinking light approached the runway,
stopped and made several reverses during 2 minutes. ]
• USA, California Aug. 15, 1964; Yosemite National Park, California. 8:15 a.m.
Witnesses: E.J. Haug, of the San Francisco Orchestra and the San Francisco
Conservatory of Music; and C.R. Bubb, a high school mathematics teacher. Three
bright silver, round objects, in a stack formation, flew very fast, changing
positions within the formation. The sound of rushing air was heard during the
3-4 second sighting.
• USA, Colorado July 27, 1964; Denver, Colorado. 8:20 p.m. Witness: A. Borsa.
One white ball of fire, the size of a car, climbed slowly, then speeded up.
Sighting lasted 2-3 minutes.
• USA, Delaware Aug. 18, 1964; Atlantic Ocean, 200 miles east of Dover,
Delaware. 12:35 a.m. Witnesses: Maj. D.W. Thompson and First Pilot lst Lt. J.F.
Jonke, on a USAF C-124 transport plane. One round, blurred, reddish-white object
was on a collision course with the C-124 from ahead and below. The airplane
evaded the object. Sighting las ted 2 minutes.
• USA, Illinois July 20, 1964; Littleton, Illinois. 4:45 a.m. Witness: J.J.
Winkle. One 60' diameter round-topped, flat-bottomed object with a long
acetylene-colored flame shooting downward, flew straight and level, made a half
loop, then rose up. Sighting lasted l minute.
• USA, Idaho Oct. 23, 1963; Meridian, Idaho. 8:35 p.m. Witnesses: several
unnamed students, including Gordon. One object shaped like a circle from below
and like a football from the side, hovered low over the observers, making a
deep, pulsating, loud, extremely irritating sound, for 6 minutes.
• USA, Illinois May 9, 1964; Chicago, Illinois. 10:20 p.m. Witness: J.R. Betz,
U.S. District Court reporter. Three light green crescent-shaped objects, about
half the apparent size of the Moon, flew very fast in tight formation from east
to west, oscillating in size and color for 3 seconds.
• USA, Massachusetts May 26, 1964; Cambridge, Massachusetts. 7:43 p.m. Witness:
P. Wankowicz, RAF pilot and ex-Smithsonian satellite tracker. One thin, white
ellipsoid (3.5 times as long as wide) flew straight and level for 3-4 seconds.
• USA, Michigan July 16, 1964; 15 miles south of Houghton Lake, Michigan. 11:15
p.m. Witness: Northern Air Service pilot K. Jannereth. Four white lights in a
stepped-up echelon formation, were joined by two more. They closed in on the
airplane, then rapidly slowed nd flew along with it for a total of 5 minutes.
• USA, New Jersey Sept. 10, 1964; Cedar Grove, New Jersey. 7:09 p.m. Witness:
chemist P.H. DePaolo. Four white lights, 3-4 apart, were seen to the north,
going west for 45 seconds.
• USA, New Mexico April 24, 1964; Socorro, New Mexico. 5:45 p.m. Witness:
Socorro policeman Lonnie Zamora. Watched object with flame underneath descend
toward the desert. Two small humanoids observed near vertical oval on ground.
Later watched object take off with a roar, go silent and fly away. Burning and
charred brush found at landing sight.
• USA, New York April 11, 1964; Homer, New York. 6:30 p.m. Witnesses:
physiotherapist W.B. Ochsner and wife. Two cloud-like objects darkened; one shot
away and returned during the 30-45 minute sighting.
• USA, New York Aug. 15, 1964; New York, New York. 1:20 a.m. Witness: S.F.
D'Alessandro. One 10'x5' bullet-shaped object with wavy lines on the rounded
front part and six pipes along the straight rear portion, made a "whishhh"
sound. Witness' dog growled during . sighting.
• USA, New York July 27, 1964; Norwich, New York. 7:30 p.m. Witness: Duabert,
engineering supervisor. One aluminum sphere with a luminous ring, remained
stationary for 4-5 minutes.
• USA, Ohio June 13, 1964; Toledo, Ohio. 9:15 p.m. Witness: B.L. English,
announcer for radio station WTOD. Three glowing white spheres, glowing red on
their sides, moved slow, hovered and then moved in circles very fast, all the
while making a low, rumbling sound.
• USA, Oregon Dec. 11, 1963; McMinnville, Oregon. 7 a.m. Witness: W.W. Dolan,
professor of mathematics and astronomy, and dean of the faculty of Linfield
College. One bright, star-like light hovered, slowed, dimmed and flashed in 1
• USA, Pennsylvania May 26, 1964; Pleasantview, Pennsylvania. 11 p.m. Witness:
Rev. H.C. Shaw. One yellow-orange light, shaped like the bottom of a ball, was
spotted in a field and chased down the road for 2 miles.
• USA, Virginia May 18, 1964; Mt. Vernon, Virginia. 5:15 p.m. Witness: civil
engineer F. Meyers. One small, glowing white oval split twice after moving from
the right of the Moon around to the left. Sighting lasted 17 minutes.
• USA, Wisconsin Nov. 14, 1964; Menominee Falls, Wisconsin. 9:40 p.m. Witnesses:
Dr. G.R. Wagner, MD; and two girls. Three dim, reddish lights flew through a
160^ arc in 5-6 seconds. • USA,
Wisconsin April 3, 1964; Monticello, Wisconsin. 9 p.m. Witnesses: Mr. and Mrs.
R. Wold (he was a graduate student in anthropology). Four huge red lights in a
rectangular formation, with a white light above, were near the ground, tilted
and flew away after 3-4 minutes.